Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

A Colorful Return

It has been an exhausting couple of weeks with very little time allowed in my craft room.  Even the when I did make it in there, my pieces (like my very tired self) became muddied and muddled.  So, over the last couple of days, I've made a little more time for me and my artwork.  Although not perfect, the tag that I've made for Simon Says Stamp and Show Color Challenge made me happy.  And it's made with some of the scraps of materials used to soak up excess ink and "failed" projects from over the last couple of weeks.  So, my creative endeavors haven't been a total loss :)

This tag started out soaking up an excess mixture of Dylusion's Postbox Red and Pure Sunshine Spray inks.  It made for a vibrant red-orange background for this lovely vintage floral stamp from Inkadinkado.   I used Tim Holtz Distress Markers in Vintage Photo and Old Paper to go over the shading of the stamped image.  Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed markers were used to add a little yellow to the center of the flower.  I went around the outside edge with Picket Fence.  Then I added script and swirl stamps to the background (using Distressed Ink in Frayed Burlap), flicked with water, stuck on some pearls. and added text on a scrap of paper left over from my pile of last week's attempts.


Hopefully color makes you smile as well and you've had some quality time to make something colorful of your own this week.

- Mary Elizabeth

3 comments:

Mary Elizabeth said...

Thanks Barb :) M.E.

Sarah said...

I know how skinny crafty time feels! Love your flower and deep colours. Thanks for sharing with Simon Says Stamp & Show. Sarah.

Mary Elizabeth said...

Thanks Sarah. I was able to do a couple of projects this weekend. It certainly made the start of this week better :)