Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Where will your passport take you?

Life continues to be crazy and time limited.  I dream of vacation.  Sigh...

Anyway, I was very excited to see Simon Says Stamp and Show's Passport to Fun challenge.  Unfortunately, the craziness didn't let up and time got away from me before I could make it down to my craft room.

I did manage to give the project some thought though.  I thought about doing my version of some 1920's travel posters.  I was happy to see Simon Says Stamp and Show's vintage challenge Inspired By theme.  I used my travel poster inspiration to transport me away from the chaos to a land flowing with Distress Ink and Stains.

I started with Glossy Paper from Ranger Ink.  Most of the images were stamped with archival ink.  I used Distress Ink, Distress Stain, alcohol ink markers, and even some archival ink to color the images.  It was fun!






This week taught me that I need to make time to be creative.  It is definitely therapeutic :)

- Mary Elizabeth

4 comments:

Anna-Karin said...

That's great inspiration! Love how you used these stamps and the colouring is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Candy C said...

Hi Mary Elizabeth! I really like this piece you did for our passport to fun challenge. Love the colors and your design. I really like the last sentence of your post...that you need to take more time for yourself to be creative because it is therapeutic. You are SO RIGHT! Whenever I'm feeling down about something or just bored, I can literally lose myself in a project and I find my joy again. :) So, keep creating, girl! :) I thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments about my transformed wooden craft organizer. You really made me feel so good with your thoughts. I appreciate that so much! Enjoy your Sunday! <3 Candy

Words and Pictures said...

Ah, shame... no followers gadget? Or am I just being blind?
Alison x

Mary Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.