Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Traveling with Tim ... Holtz's August 2013 Tag

I'm back with my take on Tim Holtz's August 2013 Tag.  I've actually come up with two tags for this month.  I have to admit this has been a lot of fun.  I love traveling, stamping and coloring, so Tim's tag was right down my alley.


My first tag is sheer indulgence on my part.  I finally got my hands on Tim's Time Travelers stamp set and I just wanted to play with it.  Since Tim's theme this month was travel, I made a Time Traveling tag. Check out the link above to see Tim's tutorial for this month's techniques.

I used Pumice Stone and Frayed Burlap Distress Ink for the background on both tags.  I really like the combination.  I also colored both with Distress Markers and a water brush.  For this tag, I toned down the black archival ink of the balloon stamped image by going over the lines with a Vintage Photo Distress Marker.  I like the effect.  The tag tie is made out of Grungeboard.  The slide was colored with black, brown and gold alcohol inks for a rusty feel.  I edged the tag with Walnut Stain.  Here are some pictures of my Time Traveler Tag:






 My second tag is a more traditional train travel tag.  I did some shadowing on here to go along with the train engine's smoke (with Pumice Stone Distress Ink and a water brush).  I couldn't help but put a clock at the top of the tag.  Train travel for me has always been about watching a clock.  I also did a little something different with the Railroad Crossing sign.  I didn't mask the train tracks underneath.  I actually liked giving the sign the feel of being somewhat translucent and floating above the tracks.  I also stamped it with Distress Embossing ink and used a chunky embossing powder in antique black.  Take a look at some of the details of my second tag:



 




Thanks for "traveling" with me and my Tim Holtz 2013 tags this month.  Hope you enjoyed your trip :)  -- Mary Elizabeth


11 comments:

Michelle said...

Great tags! You've done some amazing masking. Very pretty!

Monique said...

Those are some realy gorgeous tag you made. Great take on Tim's august tags!
xx Monique

Caroline said...

Great tags! I like them a lot. The colours are fantastic.

barbarayaya62 said...

both tag are very beautiful! my fav is first tag!!!!! Hugs BArbarayaya

Cathy Michels said...

Love your tags and all of the gorgeous detail! The slide and ribbon on the Time Traveler look wonderfully aged. Love the black and white feel of the train tag. Super job!

Unknown said...

Your tags are Beautiful!!!

ElizabethR said...

Great tags lovely tecniques. Elizabeth x your newest follower

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

GIRL!!! You ROCKED this masking technique! These are both FABULOUS!!! Love the pops of red...be still my heart! Love all the images you used on both! Perfection!

Claudia N. said...

These are fantastic! LOVE the subtle colouring and how you combined the elements! Sooo beautiful!


Hugs,
die amelie x

Words and Pictures said...

These are just great, Mary Elizabeth - brilliant stamp choices, and beautifully layered up... fantastic work!
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh - and meant to say, I LOVE the chain on the clock!!
Alison x