Pages

Monday, October 31, 2016

Trick or Treating with Tim ... Holtz 12 Tags of 2016 -- October

My apologies for a short post.  I'm just going to get this in under the wire.  Here is my take on Tim Holtz's October tag for 2016.  Tim is doing a remix of various techniques from previous years tags.  This month it is the mash up of Patchwork Collage and Sizzix Monster.  I was so excited to do this tag.  I didn't get to do the original collage tag and my Frankenstein Sizzix Monster die is absolutely one of favorites.  My take on this month's tag is nothing near the amazing tag that Tim did.  Please check out his tag here and the great step-by-step tutorial that he has on his blog. 


I'm going to leave you with some close ups of my tag.  No details tonight.






 Happy Halloween! -- Mary Elizabeth

13 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Love your tag Mary Elizabeth, lots of fabulous photos to see the wonderful details xxx

A Pink said...

This is one super fab take on Tims tag! Mary Elizabeth Just love all the ways you've made it your own . A winner in my eyes .
x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Fantastic take!!!! Love Franky's zigzag scars... Awesome!!! Love the web embossing too!

Paula Cheney said...

Fantastic tag Mary Elizabeth. LOVE the green color is PERFECT!

Monika Gulyas said...

Thank you for your sweet comment! Now, it's my turn :-) Congrats to the winning - well deserved! Your tag is fantastic! The metallic face is superbly detailed! I love the embossed spider's web on his scalp!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh my word - absolutely incredible work on that Frankenstein head - the colours, the weathering, the shading - it's just brilliant. An amazing take on Tim's inspiration... so glad you got it in under the wire.
Alison x

Paper Profusion said...

Wowsers - I love the chunkiness of this - makes it even more intimidating! The green works brilliantly and all the textured embossing is terrific. Nicola x

Zoe Hillman said...

Just saw this pop up on pinterest! It's SO awesome! Love your Frankenstein.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic tag, love that monster! Hugs, Valerie

Barbara said...

One of my favourite tag for this month! Your zombie is spectacular! Love the colors you've used and the embossing on its face! Fantastic! BArbara

Jeannie and Eldy said...

I have a dumb question. I see all these amazing tags everywhere...what do people do with them? They are so artsy, do people just make them to show them? Do they actually use them on a gift, which I suppose you could, but they would outshine the present! Would just love to have some feedback on this...thank you, anyone!

Anonymous said...

Great tag Mary Elizabeth. It actually looks like real metal. Great job. Going through my excursion list and I haven't visited for a while. Hope you are well. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. All the best for 2017! Cheers from Australia.x

sarascloset said...

Oh, dear, Mary Elizabeth! Better late than never, but I'm so sorry I didn't see this! What a fabulous take on Tim's tag. Isn't it sad the tag challenges are over? I'm going to personal message you briefly, but only have a minute. Hugs!