Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Celebrating Autumn

After my marathon post earlier this week, this one is pathetically short.   I have been working on this piece for some time now.  Honestly, I don't think I can remember all the details of this one.  I've been putting my brain on autopilot and letting this piece emerge in an organic way.


It started out with a background of kraft paper and some bold strokes of gesso.  I added some Sizzix die cut pumpkins, used a great deal of Distress Ink, Distress Stain, and Distress Markers that I mixed with Matte Multi Medium.  I did some stamping on a piece of paper from Industrial Chic and added that to the top.  The largest pumpkin die cut was adhered with foam adhesive squares. 

I just want to put this piece up on the blog and look at it.  It makes me happy as I register the chill in the air.  Autumn really is upon us here in the NC mountains.  -- Mary Elizabeth

6 comments:

barbarayaya62 said...

Tell me that you love the fall and winter! I love both, your work takes me already in a dimension of season that I can not wait to arrive. To me here in Italy there are still 28/29 degrees Celsius temperature but slowly in the evening and the morning already feels that wonderful fresh air! Very nice your work and perfect for the mood of this month! BArbarayaya

Candy C said...

A really pretty piece, Mary Elizabeth. Fall is my favorite season with all of it's fabulous colors and crisp chill in the air. This pumpkin piece is beautiful. <3 Candy

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Mary Elizabeth! What a gorgeous work of art! I love the beautiful ornate pumpkin and the pretty background! Thanks so much for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Bonnie said...

This makes me think of warm fires and fallen leaves! I love Autumn!

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous - love the subtle colour gradations in that beautiful background, and the pumpkins and squashes look amazing - just love the ornate flourishes on the large one, and wonderful shading on the two smaller ones - and you know I love that torn book page banner! Fab make, Mary Elizabeth.
Alison x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Oh how I love pumpkins! Gorgeous color here! Love this!