Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Clean and Simple Stamping

After spending so much time being messy on my last project, it was very breath of fresh air to create this Clean and Simple ATC for the latest Fun With ATCs challenge.



I used Rangers' Specialty Stamping Paper for my surface and chose a stamp for my focal image from one of Tim Holtz's Visual Artistry Collections.  To give the piece some depth, I used another one of Tim's stamps, a lovely swirl, for a background image.  I stamped the swirl using Clearly Better Ink in Aqua once on a piece of scrap specialty stamping paper and then the background images as a second stamping on the ATC.  I then stamped my focal image in the middle of the card using Versa Fine Ink in Onyx Black.  I framed the card using a 7 Gypsies stamp at the top and black band at the bottom made with an alcohol ink marker.  Finally, I stamped my sentiment (also a stamp from one of Tim Holtz's Visual Artistry Collections), one of my favorites, at the bottom of the card.

Clean and Simple may be a bit of a misnomer.  It wasn't so simple to do.  I went through several  cards because I kept smudging ink somewhere!  Maybe that's why most of my projects are messy:)   I really love the use of the vintage-look stamps.  You still get the "imperfections" like the double characters on the sentiment and the slight rough edges on the swirls, but the overall look is clean and simple.


I really love this ATC, but it really isn't that fabulous when you look at the other talented entries at the Fun with ATC Clean and Simple Challenge.  Check them out!  Really fabulous images and colors.  Time to go.  Enjoy a very blessed and restful Sunday.  -- Mary Elizabeth

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow what a beautiful and elegant ATC! The combo of the aqua and the black is perfect! Love the CAS feel of it! Thank you so much for leaving wonderful comment on my blog! Hugs, Sandra

Words and Pictures said...

I think this is lovely - cool and elegant, and a favourite quote of mine. But I agree, CAS is demanding - vintage, layered and messy gives you much more cover! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fun With ATCs.
Alison x

Candy C said...

Hi Mary Elizabeth. Thanks you so much for your always sweet and uplifting comments. They always make me feel so good! :) Your clean and simple ATC is so sweet. I love the stamping on the white background and boy, does that sentiment ring true? :) <3 Candy

Claudia N. said...

An absolutely terrific make! Love that ATC, Mary Elizabeth!

Perfectly composed and executed! Couldn't be done any better!

Thank you for sharing this with us at FunwithATCs!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Kate said...

Great ATC, like the sentiment. See you in CC102!

~Kate~

GrĂ¡inne said...

So very gorgeous, I love it. Great assemblage of ornaments and I love the quote too. Great job. Thanks a lot for playing along with us at FwATCs. Suzanne