Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Two tags in One!

Today, I just enjoyed playing with ink and paints down in my craft room.  Ok, this week is a Stamping on Anything but Plain Paper Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.  So, I decided to stamp on ... a tag that I had just made.  Here is the tag in its first incarnation:


I made masks using Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die and used some techniques from a Ranger Ink video on using Dylusions that was posted on their website this week to create the background colors.  I used Distress Markers and a water brush to color the interior of the leaves.

Here is the tag after I painted over it with Picket Fence Distress Paint.  I let it dry a little, then misted parts of the tag with water.  Some of the Dylusions ink came through and you can see some of the leaf images in the back ground.  I used gesso to stamp the leaves and wheat stamps and then did some shading with Distress Markers.  I used an ink blending tool and Distress Ink to ink around the entire tag (Walnut Stain, Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey).  I stamped a paragraph on Nature and leaf veins in black archival ink. I topped it with a small tag that I stamped and a bow.

Gotta Run.  Deadline looms!!  -- Mary Elizabeth






4 comments:

Paper Profusion said...

Both beautiful and very artistic Mary Elizabeth. The 'before' tag is so beautiful in its own right - but your transformation has made it even more interesting and in keeping with nature as time goes by. Stunning work. Nicola x

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow... what a gorgeous card! The colors and textures are so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I am not getting your feed...makes me mad! These are fabulous. I love the first and then covering it up again really adds for awesome texture...cool idea! Gorgeous!

Words and Pictures said...

This is so lovely, Mary Elizabeth - I love the vivid colours that you started from, but am even more taken with the subtle muted palette you ended up with! The gesso stamping looks utterly brilliant with the shading around it - so dimensional - a really gorgeous RE-creation!!
Alison xx